August Reading List



  • Girl Wash Your Face: Rachel Hollis 

    Girl Wash Your Face is my absolute favorite book. This book is about the lies women tell themselves that are harmful to their lives. Some of these lies include, I‘m Better Than You, I’ll Start Tomorrow, Something Else Will Make Me Happy, Loving Him is Enough, and so much more! Every women needs to read this book because it is truly empowering, humorous, and honest. All of the books on my reading list, I listened to on audible, while I was traveling and I am so glad I did. While listening to Rachel read her book, it felt like she was speaking directly to me at times. One of the great things about Rachel is, is that she forms a community between her readers which she calls her Tribe. I have found my own sense of community by following along with her book club and her Facebook community. I could not recommend this book, or anything else by Rachel Hollis, enough.

  • Fail Until You Don’t: Bobby Bones
    This book is Bobby Bones motivational guide to being less terrible at life. He breaks down his motto of “Fight. Grind. Repeat.” Throughout each chapter while telling stories where he was told no. He explains how he got so good at hearing no that eventually he got a few yes’s along the way. This is a great motivational book and I love the way Bobby Bones tells his story. 


  • Capital Gaines: Chip Gaines

    Like the tag line of the book, Chip Gaines tells his story and the smart things he learned from doing stupid stuff. Like all of these books, I listened to this one on audible, and    if you are a Chip Gaines fan, I am sure you could imagine how entertaining it was hearing him read his story. Chip is a successful entrepreneur and this is a great read for anyone who is a fan of Chip and Joanna or anyone wanting to start their own business. 


  • Party Girl: Rachel Hollis

    This book is a romantically of Rachel’s time working in the event industry in Los Angelos. The main character Landon, left her small town in Texas to chase her big city dreams of becoming an event planner on Los Angelos. Landon had to work hard and prove her worth while dealing with her difficult boss. This is a great non-fiction read for any teen or young adult. I truly enjoyed listening to Rachel bring these characters to life while I was traveling.


  • The Magnolia Story: Chip and Joanna Gaines
  • Any fan of Chip and Joanna Gaines must read this book. This book dives into the story of how Chip and Jo met, how Chip proposed, and how Fixer Upper came to be. Chip had big dreams and brought Joanna along for the ride, making both of their dreams come true, own fixer upper at a time. Now the couple have a highly successful Restaurant, Store, and Bakery, and have also welcomed their fifth child. This couple may be done with Fixer Upper, but if we know Chip and Jo, they aren’t slowing down anytime soon. 

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    The Struggle is Real

    Introduction

    Summer!